Head of Operations
Project N95 is the National Clearinghouse for critical personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical supplies. We protect healthcare and frontline workers by matching procurement teams with vetted suppliers as quickly as possible to get supply into the hands of frontline workers and underserved, vulnerable and special needs populations through service as a trusted and transparent procurement source. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the culture and pace of a start-up.
As Head of Operations, you will be responsible for the laser-precision execution of projects and operations to accelerate the organization’s mission. You ensure that no “ball is dropped, the “train runs on time,” and organizational priorities are ruthlessly delivered. Excuses are not in your vocabulary and have been replaced with “How can I help?” to every team member, partner, and most importantly customer.
You will report directly to the Executive Director as well as work closely with team members across all functional areas of the organization. This is a contract-to-hire position.Apply for this position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aggressively drive forward the organization’s priorities and deliver on strategy and operational plans defined by leadership
- Lead organizational planning, business processes in alignment with the vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and drive business actions.
- Clearly scope projects and ensure delivery of tasks to achieve intended results associated with organizational objectives.
- Serve as a key liaison between leadership and internal stakeholders to ensure proactive operational continuity and alignment with leadership direction
- Quickly identify, articulate, and mitigate project risks as well as elevate new ideas and opportunities that align with and accelerate mission
- Utilize, implement, train, and share tools to effectively collaborate and communicate progress, escalating issues and opportunities.
- Drive usage of project management practices throughout the organization by enabling, unlocking, and accelerating others
- Prioritize initiatives using data in a time-crunched fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple and simultaneous diverse and complex problems with grace
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to amplify workflows, projects, and initiative
- Deep commitment to the vision, mission and values of the organization
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Demonstrate sound judgment, even in high pressure situations
- Comfort with ambiguity and agility in the face of change at a rapidly growing startup environment
- Strong interpersonal ability to successfully manage, organize, lead and direct large teams in order to drive productive collaboration across departments
- Highest level of integrity with the ability to effectively handle sensitive information
- Demonstrated superb communication (written and oral), organization, and time management skills
- Reliable and responsive to all forms of communications
- Ability to influence and motivate a team of staff and volunteers by example
- Someone who can thrive and support others in a remote work environment
- 5+ years experience in executive suite support, operations, and/or project management in a professional setting
- Familiarity with web-based productivity tools (e.g. GSuite, Slack, Airtable, Intercom, Twilio Flex)